The Introduction Page

I have, in the past, spent some time trying to document my outdoor, hunting, fishing, and camping activities for my family in the future. I started out a few years back, and with good intentions, jotted down a few of my “adventures”. I have though, over the past couple of years, let this go by the wayside. I am – at best – ashamed of not having kept this practice up for the sake of my children whom I love so very dearly. I know I have not always been a perfect father to all of you, but I want you to know that nothing was more important to me that you. This journal is something I have wanted to, and will do for you.

The first few entries were made several years back after a successful hunting trip to the Nawrocki farm, and very frustrating (but funny when you look back at it) fishing trip. Since those entries, a number of years have passed that I did not follow up making entries. I regret not having done so. As hunting season quickly approaches again this year, I do not want to continue making the mistake of not journaling one of my favorite pastimes for you. I am going to use a notable event that occurred last year, to re-start this tradition, and make a brief summary of last year’s deer hunting trip with Grandpa (Joe). There was a moment during that trip that very few people get to experience, and thought it would be a crime to not share this with you while I still can. This event is (what I hope to be) the springboard to my starting, and keeping a continuing journal of some of the things that I enjoyed and were important to me.

Benjamin, Jonathan, Zachary, Rebecca, and Melissa… This is for you!

No comments:

Currently, Dad's Outdoor Journal is a "single post on the front page blog".

Please feel free to use the Archive, Catagories, or "Older Posts" link to locate additional posts.